Want to know how to make a healthy protein shake? There are only 7 really simple steps to make a healthy, well-balanced, meal replacement shake…
You know what I hate about dieting?
There’s always a time restriction when you are not allowed to eat.
This is when I AM ALWAYS STARVING! You can say I’m not getting enough protein or that I need to drink more water. But the fact remains that when I tell myself I can’t eat is when I want to eat the most.
How about you?
This is why I love, love, love smart coffee. Smart coffee contains something called nootropics that works with your brain to help curb cravings. When I drink smart coffee, I don’t have to worry about that long span between breakfast and lunch, I don’t even think about it. Because I’m not hungry!!!
What if you don’t like coffee? Then there is a chocolate version called Choclevate!
Choclevate contains all the benefits of smart coffee with just the naturally occurring amount of caffeine from the chocolate.
I add one scoop of smart coffee to my morning protein shake and it is SO delicious! Take a look at how I make my daily protein shake every morning and get the all the curb craving benefits from smart coffee:
How to Make a Healthy Protein Shake: 7 Steps
1. Protein Powder (You can also substitute Choclevate for protein powder)
2. Fiber – Boost your gastrointestinal health
3. Veggies – 1/3 cup of Spinach, Kale, Pumpkin, or your favorite greens
4. Fruits – 1/4 cup of Low-Glycemic fruits like dark berries (why low-glycemic? This helps avoid blood sugar spikes after consuming)
5. Healthy fat – 1 tbsp coconut cream, almond butter, pecans, or half an avocado (I like Justin’s Almond Butter)
6. Liquid – 6-8 ounces water, almond milk, rice milk, or coconut milk
7. Extra Nutrient Boost – flax seeds, chia seeds, or coconut flakes
BONUS: Smart Coffee
Mix it up in your favorite mixer. I like this Ninja Blender so you can mix the protein shakes in the cup you will drink it in, grab it and go.
I like to add a scoop of smart coffee in my protein shakes! This helps me reduce brain fog, improve my focus and memory throughout the day. Plus, it’s so delicious. And, if you don’t want the caffeine, check out the chocolate version called Choclevate.
Let me know if you are already a smart coffee fan!